OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

writer keeps changing footnote numbering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollowhead
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: writer keeps changing footnote numbering Reply with quote

I'm writing a book and I've changed footnotes at the bottom of the page to end of the chapter, this seems to be the only way of changing footnotes to endnotes. The problem I'm having is in one document (chapter) writer keeps changing the counting to per page rather than per document so it keeps going 1,2,3, 1,2,3 rather than 1,2,3,4,5,6, hope that makes sense. Why and how can I get it to stick?

An additional question. What I would like to do it put all the chapters in one big doc and all the footnotes at the end numbered by chapter. This seems complicated but possible something to do with using headings?
hollowhead
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: possibly solved Reply with quote

Doesn't seem to be doing this anymore but an answer to the other question would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: