OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

GroupWise email merge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ability
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: GroupWise email merge Reply with quote

I want to use Writer to create a mail merge using a GroupWise contacts folder amd merge the output to GroupWise as email. This is something I could do in Outlook/Word but can't see how to it with Writer.
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: GroupWise email merge Reply with quote

ability wrote:
I want to use Writer to create a mail merge using a GroupWise contacts folder amd merge the output to GroupWise as email. This is something I could do in Outlook/Word but can't see how to it with Writer.

Perhaps your needs are different, and mine are minimal, but for serious group mailing I use this. Partway down the page is the link for their free product which I use, and which is quite suitable for most purposes.

http://www.infacta.com/gm.asp?a=mnu

David.
elhummus
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure exactly what sending an email to groupwise would exactly mean, but thanks to a guy named caolan, it is now possible to get email merge to work for OOo - I know it will send to an SMTP server, if that's what "sending to groupwise" does then I think this will work.

http://internet.cybermesa.com/~aaron_w/OOo_email_merge/OOo_email_merge.html

peace

aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: