OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

adding fields to an existing form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: adding fields to an existing form Reply with quote

I'm stumped as how to add fields to an existing form. I created a DB, table and using the wizard, an input form. Later, I decided to add a "Gender" field to the DB. I would really rather not go through all the rigamarole of creating a new form with the wizard, which begs the question: why can't the wizard open an existing form so it can be easily edited?

Regardless, I've tried editing the form but can't get the new field to behave properly. Are the existing fields the wizard originally created List Boxes, Text Boxes, Combo Boxes, etc?

Thanks
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

All controls in a form designed with the wizard are normal controls.

Adding controls to a form is easy.
Open the form in edit mode. Then you can add controls to a form. Most of the time a control is grouped with the label control. When you pressed the control key on your key board and click on the mouse you can select a sinlge control.

It is good to study the buttons on the toolbar it can help you to handle a form and his control.

More to read
I think a good starting point can maybe this [Tutorial] Forms in OpenOffice.org Base. You can find there also links to other tutorials. Not all tutorials are even important for you.

This points to two sub forums for Base one for Tutorials and for for examples examples

Romke
wnc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Although I can use the "add field" button located at the bottom of the page (while editing a previously constructed wizard-made form), the field does not have the same appearance characteristics as those made in the wizard. So, I made a new form (pain) in the wizard in order for everything to look and work correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: