OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Finding Macros in a Document

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baumgrenze@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Finding Macros in a Document Reply with quote

How do I search a document for macros?

I have a Word document I created using Office 2000 in Nov 2010. When I try to open it using Word 2000 the program just closes abruptly, closing all open windows in the process. If I have 'preview' open I'm not even offered the option of 'reporting the failure.'

When I open this document in OO Writer (OO 3.4.0) I am warned that the document contains macros and that the default configuration prevents their execution without approval. I don't recall creating and embedding any in it, but it does contain images from a catalog on the internet that probably link back to the originating website. Would these be considered 'macros' from OO Writer's perspective?

Is there a menu path I should follow to 'search for macros?'

I used the default viewer in ZTree and selected and copied the contents displayed as code. When pasted to Word, it generated 48 pages of text!

With the document open in OO Writer, I tried selecting and copying all (including the images) to the clipboard and then re-pasting it into Word 2000. The images are lost and all formatting, e.g., tabs seems to be lost.

At 72, I don't want to 'retrain' as a computer programmer. I put in my dues earning a PhD in organic chemistry (1962-1967) thank you. I have 'other fish to fry' and just want my computer to serve me, not vice versa.

thanks,

baumgrenze

baumgrenze
DiGro
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the opened document go to Tools > Macros > Organize macros > Openoffice.org Basic

That will open the BASIC IDE where the macro's should be visible.

They probably are all commented out, since OOo uses another dialect of BASIC then VBA does

Windows 7 Home Premium and AOO 4.0.1 NL (Dutch)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: