OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

custom %foo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
z35
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: custom %foo Reply with quote

greetings:

I am wondering if it is possiible to do a %laplace or if something existed like it. I have not delt too much with advanced features for ooomath. I am just trying to type up my notes because there is finally something with a nice math equations editor (though apparently still lacking in features from my view).

Just wondering...
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: custom %foo Reply with quote

z35 wrote:
greetings:

I am wondering if it is possiible to do a %laplace or if something existed like it. I have not delt too much with advanced features for ooomath. I am just trying to type up my notes because there is finally something with a nice math equations editor (though apparently still lacking in features from my view).

Just wondering...

Are you referring to the "capital delta" Laplacian symbol? What is your operating platform? ...Windows? What other features are you looking for? I may be able to point you to something useful to you.

David.
z35
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more of a script L (which is what I would prefer, considering this is how my book and professors write it), or there a script like inverted %GAMMA, which I was use to and is more of an older way of doing it, but is rarely used in lectures, and I do not write it like this. I am talking about taking the Laplace transform, not the Laplacian. I will be needing the Laplacian later this week, (inverted %DELTA). Right now I am editing this on a Windows OOo2 edition. But, Later today, it will be on a Linux version.
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This " script type L" is not part of the OOo Math character set, but you can add this (and other) symbols if you have a font that contains it:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=9216
For the "inverted delta", use nabla
z35
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: