OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

vector arrow too much separated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fullpull

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: vector arrow too much separated Reply with quote

When I write this expression:

vec P

The vector arrow is too mech separated from the P letter (too high).
It may be: ->
P

And is: ->

P

A friend of mine has the same problem.
I modified the "Spacing" (Format->Spacing) but doesn't work.
rhone
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a font issue. Have you tried all of the spacing settings (other spacing settings can be accessed by clicking on the 'category' button in the spacing dialog).

Another option is to use something like 'binom rightarrow P'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: vector arrow too much separated Reply with quote

I know this problem from 'tilde c'. This should create the letter 'c' with a serpentthing above. But in OO1.0.1 the serpent is too high, the distance is too big.

The funny thing is: when i save the document in starwriter 5 format and open the document whth SO5.2, the thing is as it should be!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a same problem and it's very frustrating. I've tried other font and spacing settings, but nothing helped.

Does it relate anyhow with the Symbol font?
Santaoja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Arrows and other similar objects too high Reply with quote

Dear OOo Users

There is a bug in the code. I have tested the version 1.0.1 in Windows XP and Red Hat Linux and version 1.0.2 in Windows XP. All the objects belonging to the same group as vector and tilde are located too high. Please, repaire to bug.

Best Regards

Kari SAntaoja

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Arrows and other similar objects too high Reply with quote

Hi,
you can use widevec, widetilde, ... which seems to scale correctly:

widevec a
{widevec a}_1

Cheers - Andreas.
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bug has been correctecd in OOo1.1Beta, and all appears well now.
chouchoups38
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had have this problem and i correct it by coping a "smi641.dll like" from the before version in this last version but i don't found again wich file exactly ! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: dll replacement works Reply with quote

Hi all, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I also encountered this problem, and it was a real problem for me, let me tell you why:

I wrote my diploma thesis using SO5.2, and there were almost no problems at all - until I tried to produce a pdf file. The acrobat distiller refuses to embed the font "starmath.ttf", because the font vendor doesn't allow that. The other way to make a pdf file is to print the file using a ps driver and then make a pdf using gsview. This also doesn't work properly in most cases, the formulae look somehow awful in the files. The only driver that worked (sometimes) was the Minolta QMS 6110 driver for Win2000 (and only exactly this one, not the one for Win98!!!).

As OpenOffice produces the formulae otherwise (not using starmath.ttf) all my problems could be solved by using OpenOffice - if there were not the mentioned bug! Dear chouchoups38: Thank you very very much for the hint with the dll which has to be replaced. I'll explain now, how it works exactly: Download OO1.0.1 (this and only this version!) and download the file sm641mi.dll from http://www.dmaths.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=26. Replace the dll in the directory ...\program. Now everything works as it should do.

It is also true, that this bug has been corrected in Oo1.1Beta, but there are several other problems, e.g. I didn't manage to use the hyphenation. Thus I recommend to choose the above described way!

Thank you all!

Cheers
Thomas
cyber_spooky
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest, whoever you are you saved my life. I was making a document for school (very important) in OO 1.1 beta 2 due to the vector bug in releases 1.0.x. But beta 2 has a memoery leak when the filesize becomes too big and i coudn't open it anymore.
So i installed OO 1.0.1 with your fix for it and works like a charm after fixing some layout and images problems from going from 1.1 to 1.0.1.

Why they don't release an update to OO 1.0.3.1 to fix this math bug is beyond me...
cyber_spooky
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question tho. Is there any fixed sm641mi.dll for OO 1.0.3.1?? Cuz the one i found on the net only works for OO 1.0.1 Sad
chouchoups38
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: great ! Reply with quote

you found the file i've forgotten but now, it's a zip file and i can't connect anymore under windows ... that's too funny !

Laughing
maf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: same problem in Oo 1.1.1 Reply with quote

Using package Oo.org 1.1.1 and Debian Linux.

I think this problem appeared after updating to package version 1.1.1-3 although I'm not sure.

Since there're no DLLs - does anyone know which files to change?
Hal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: vector, hat, etc. distance problem in 1.1.1 Reply with quote

In 1.1.1 I had the same problem with the distance of the vector or hat symbol being to large. A change to the font replacement table cured it:
Tools->Options->OOo->Fonts
replace StarSymbol with OpenSymbol

Cheers, Hal
snurb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Do you also have an idea how to fix this: if I write
vec a^2
I get a vector above the a^2 and not as it is usual in math formulas above the a.
I know that there is the possibilty to wirte
{vec a}^2
to fix it, but I think that is not quite nice. I don't mind of one time somebody wants to habe the vector above the ^2. Do you?

If not, maybe you would like to vote for this issue:
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=31774

yours,
Stefan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: