OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Conditional Formatting not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasmineO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Conditional Formatting not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I am stumped as to what is going on with a spreadsheet that I've been working on for a while. I want to use conditional formatting for a fairly straight forward situation :
-> Make a cell yellow if less than a cell in the previous row
-> Make a cell green if same or greater than a cell in a previous row

I set up the conditional formatting and I can't get it to work in this document. Here is what I've tried:
-> Originally the cell that I want to make yellow/green had a formula; I changed this to be just a number
-> I created a new row that I first did a Delete Contents All and then pasted just the data and set up the conditional format and still not working
-> Created a new sheet and created two rows with simple values to illustrate the green/yellow and set up the conditional formatting still no go on the yellow/gree.

At wit's end I opened a new Calc document and created the two rows, put in the conditional formatting and it works beautifully. I then copied the two rows that work into the previous document and still no conditional formatting. I've looked at Tools->Options and can't see anything that should impact conditional formatting. I've done Tools->Cells->recalculate but no change to the cells with conditional formattinge.

Any ideas what is wrong with my original document? I'm pulling out my hair with this one and I'm sure it's something simple.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

Jas
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-> Make a cell yellow if less than a cell in the previous row
-> Make a cell green if same or greater than a cell in a previous row

Works perfectly well for me.

Quote:
I set up the conditional formatting and I can't get it to work in this document. Here is what I've tried:
-> Originally the cell that I want to make yellow/green had a formula; I changed this to be just a number
-> I created a new row that I first did a Delete Contents All and then pasted just the data and set up the conditional format and still not working
-> Created a new sheet and created two rows with simple values to illustrate the green/yellow and set up the conditional formatting still no go on the yellow/gree.

What are you doing? Why don't you simply apply a conditional format?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/raytc68mnld4577/conditional_format_975.ods
JasmineO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

Hi

Conditional formatting is what I was using ... I posted because while it seemed simple the exact conditional formatting worked in a newly opened spreadsheet doc but not in my spreadsheet doc in which I was doing a bunch of work.

Since my post conditional formatting just started to work in my original doc. I'm wondering if OO Calc crashing while working on this doc put the doc into some weird state...

Jas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: