OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

1.9.74 - can't edit table once created
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enzoaeneas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Same issue Reply with quote

I am having the same issue. It brought me here. But I was lookign through the HSQLDB documentation and I think if the "SHUTDOWN" command is sent to the database or the "shutdown=true" flag is given when the connection if made, that the lock file (*.lck) will be cleaned up. I haven't tested thi sout yet, but I will shortly and post my results.

Glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem.
enzoaeneas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Confirmed Reply with quote

Using the SQuirreL SQL Client (yes that is how it is spelled) I was able to test this. When I connect to the database, .log and .lck files are created. When I close the session (not the program), they disappear. I used the HSQLDB In-Memory driver with it's file: protocol and the flag/setting "shutdown=true" and it worked exactly how it should have. Maybe the OO developers need to change their access code.

I may just check out the code, modify it and see if that is the case.

Responses, questions, disagreements are welcome.
lgabiot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello enzoaeneas,

thanks for your answer.
Does that apply to embedded hdbsql databases, or only to external ones?

best regards,

Laurent.
enzoaeneas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Both Reply with quote

I tested that with the file: protocol for hsqldb [ jdbc:hsqldb:file:C:\... ] which is used to embed the engine in the runnign java vm and create a persistent (versus transient which uses the mem: protocol) data store fot the database as a file.

I haven't checked out the code for OO Base yet. I don't really know where to start.

ANother problem I am having is that I haven't been able to add relationships to these tables either which is really bothering me now. I don' think that OO BAse is querying the table schema on edit, or atleast not properly for hsqldb.

I 've decided to try to write a SQuirreL SQL Client plugin that allows you to vidually modify the database tables and their data, but that may take a while..... in the meantime, if their are any OO hackers out there, maybe you cold come up with a form / macro solution. If not, does anyone know how make java extensions to OO. If my SQuirreL extension makes some headway, I may venture into making a similar console for OO Base.

Any other ideas are definitely welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: