OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Weird GUI problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Weird GUI problem Reply with quote

Hello Everyone. I use Win7 64bit and after instalation OO my eyes see this:

It doesn't matter what app of OO i will open, the GUI looks the same. I tried install older versions of OpenOffice but it don't solve my problem.

Is there any chance to fix this issue ?
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of thoughts.

First, I have never seen Windows 7 look like that. Is that simply because you moved the bottom bar to the top, or because you are running some sort of windows manager that is non standard.... That may play a part. Amongst other things, i am not used to seeing the "FIND" bar at the top rather than the bottom. I hate that find bar anyway... I know that the LO folks call it an improvement, yuck! I digress, and there are some things that I prefer about the LO version....

Second: You do not state what your primary complaint is. Is it that you have no toolbar icons? I can think of a couple of things to try.

1. Kill OOo. I mean, kill it out of the quick starter, everything.

2. Rename your user profile for OOo

3. Restart OOo.

This should give you a fresh start with a fresh configuration. Off hand, that should cure any of this type of issue because it should take you back to default.

Another suggestion is to manually check which toolbars are enabled (this is in the View menu).

Enough for now....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
quong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reset OO profile before but it didn' t help much. I prefer taskbar on top because i used to Linux system GUI. The taskbar is also different because it's slim and better for me. But i finally found the solution yesterday. I need to run OO with "Turn off desktop composition" option in windows properties. Now OO looks like OO Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: