OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Appendix N numbering style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akagi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Appendix N numbering style Reply with quote

Is it possible to create a numbering style where the number follows a fixed string.
In other words, I'd like to create a paragraph style that takes an 'Appendix N' numbering style, so that the numbering on the heading will be Appendix 1 {imanual text}, Appendix 2 {whatever}, etc.

At the moment, I am using a numberless heading style, inputting the text Appendix manually, and adding the number in a field, in order to show Appendix 1, etc. This means that I have to create a page style for each Appendix, and create a bookmark with the specific Appendix heading to insert in the header.

If I could create a paragraph style (call it, Heading 1 Appendix, say) with Appendix N numbering style, I could just create one page style for Appendix, to set the header to show Heading 1 Appendix.

Would appreciate your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: