OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to fix corrupt ODT files of OpenOffice writer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plause_me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: How to fix corrupt ODT files of OpenOffice writer? Reply with quote

I can't open my several ODT files. When I try to open them I get this error "Xmldiff #9388 error when comparing ODT files (open)." First I thought it could be the problem of OpenOffice program. But no, I was wrong as I checked them on my friend OpenOffice program and still no luck. Do you why I'm getting this error? How can I repair my files as they are corrupted I know.
Thank you in advance.
floris_v

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can open the odt file in a zip program like WinZip (it is a zip archive) and extract the content.xml file, open that in an xml editor or a plain text editor (but one that can save text files with UNIX line line endings), search for character #9388 and see what's wrong there. You can also sign up at the official community forum, you can upload your file there as an attachment and there are many xml savvy people there who can fix the file for you.
Mr_london

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do one thing, send me anyone file of them and I will see what can be done. Or if you want to repair those files by yourself then you must use a software program. It's now upto you.
plause_me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floris_v, yes you are right. I can open my ODT files by WinZip if they are not corrupt. I changed the file extension of my files from ODT into Zip but when time came to extract it stopped. And I can't send my ODT files to anyone whom I don't know. I want some steps or a program which can help me.
Mr_london

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: How to fix corrupt ODT files of OpenOffice writer? Reply with quote

Why don't you repair your corrupt ODT files with the help of a software program? I haven't experienced such a situation but heard much about ODT recovery of sysinfotools. You can use it if wish. Very Happy
Hope it will help you.
plause_me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Mr_london. I have just read about it. But I made my mind to use its demo version first. Let's see what happens! Smile
plause_me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been solved. My ODT files are repaired now. Thanks Mr_london for your suggestion.
Xanderilization

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: corrupt ODT files. Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread and thanks to Mr_london. I had the same issue with my ODT files as they were badly corrupted. But now they are fine as I repaired them. Thank you Mr_london.
Sabsi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Since months I have a problem with a defective ODT. A repair program was able to save a large part of the text. However, he is suddenly cut off, and repeats a text passage. I've tried many things (zip and other Tools or Programs) but I find no way to repair the complete text. Other people could not help me. Does anyone have an idea?

Greetings from Germany
Sabsi
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See [Hint] How did I fix my ODT file .
Sabsi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have described my problem there. I could not be helped.
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, you did, well, you know, Acknak is one of the former moderators of this forum, who left this one due to the spam load. If he can't get anything out of your file, then I fear that no-one can.
Sabsi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply, floris_v. Yes, Acknak had fixed a large part of the file and I hoped that someone else could look at the file, because his last answer had me a little irritated, when he no longer knew what the Problem was. And because I was hoping to have me not only rely on Acknak​​.

Is it worth it for me to wait until someone else takes a look at the file? Confused
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that thread, you can see that he fixed a lot of damaged files. I really don't know if anyone can get more out of it. Also remember that we're volunteers. Smile You definitely won't get any help in this forum. You will have noticed that the spammers have finally gotten the upper hand. If I hadn't posted in this thread before, I wouldn't even have noticed your post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: