OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Deletimg Frames Without Deleting Text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparrow3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Deletimg Frames Without Deleting Text Reply with quote

I'm new at working with OpenOffice and I have been having some trouble regarding frames and text. I positioned the frame with the text where I want it to be on the page. I want to now delete the frame without deleting the text.

I followed the tutorial instructions online that tell me to select the text, cut, delete frame, and then paste the text. All should be well. It doesn't work for me at all! I tried to several times.

I delete the frame and paste the text where the frame originally was. The text jumps down below the letterhead logo and I cannot move it. The cursor won't go up nor down.

I must be missing a step somewhere.
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Deletimg Frames Without Deleting Text Reply with quote

Sparrow3 wrote:
I delete the frame and paste the text where the frame originally was. The text jumps down below the letterhead logo and I cannot move it. The cursor won't go up nor down.

I think having the text stay where it was without the frame is too much to hope for! The instructions you quote , I think, are only to extract text from a frame, save it in the document and then delete the frame.

If the cursor won't go up or down then I imagine there are no lines above or below the logo and none beneath the line of text you have entered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: