OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Store chunks in Writer Document to DB as blob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
par2074

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Store chunks in Writer Document to DB as blob Reply with quote

Hello Good evening

Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to store chunks of content from Writer (content could include formatted text, tables, graphics etc.) into the DB. The chunks are identified using tags in the document. I am able to get content chunk as XTransferable object and also able to copy that XTransferable to another instance of Writer. But I am not able to get consolidated content (in form of byte [] or other form) from XTransferable that i could store in DB.

Here is what i have tried to do.
1. I have gone through the API and have found that XTransferDataAccess method getData for getting data in all the flavours. But i am not able to get XTransferDataAccess object.
2. The other way is to get an input stream from XTransferable object, that i also i am not able to get that
3. My preference is not to write data first to a file and then open a stream as that would not be good idea for my requirement. The reason is that i need to process many files and within each file there may be many chunks to be written.

Please let me know how to approach this and guide me if i am missing anything.

Thanks.
Par2074
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: