OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

disappearing toolbars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsonra
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: disappearing toolbars Reply with quote

I have customised myfunction and object toolbars for Oo1.1.4 so that I can quickly access the right commands. However, on two recent occasions I have loaded writer or calc and the details in the toolbar are gone. I can restore the toolbars to their original format by hitting default and then have to start again.

Can anyone tell me why this is the case. Are these toolbars (forgot to mention I am using Win XP) set up as temp files, because I occasionally go with a program to delete temp files. If this is the case, can I do something to modify default and make my changes permanent

Thanks
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: workaround Reply with quote

I can only suggest a workaround to revice the gone toolbars if they disappear again. If you rigth-click on the toolbar and choose Configure you can save the settings to any place you remember. I would suggest to create a folder beforehand and name it, say, configs. Then give a name (and probably attaching the date is not a bad idea) to the configuration, say config-toolbar050224.cfg. Then you may reload it through Configure if you have to.
Experts will surely give you answers for the why's, I cannot.
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: revive Reply with quote

Sorry, "revice" is of course revive.
tsonra
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: disappearing toolbars Reply with quote

thanks will give it a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: