OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Numbering formulas with the chapter number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Numbering formulas with the chapter number Reply with quote

Hi!

Does anyone know how to number formulas with the chapter numer in it?

Like this: Chapter 4: .....
Subchapter 4.1:....

Eq: x+y=z (4.1.2)

As you see I want to have both the main chapter number (4) and the subchapter number (1) before the formula number (2). I'm having a hard time getting this to work. Using the fn F3-function dosn't give me the right numbering format, and I can't figure out what to do when in the "ctrl F2"- menu.

I'm also having a hard time assigning subchapters. I can't get my heading2 (subchapter style) to give the 4.x format. It just gives me the main chapter number..

Anyone want to lend me a hand?
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your chapters and subchapters are numbered using outline numbering is very easy. Do a double click over the number of an equation inserted by fn+F3 autotext. There is a "numbering by chapter" field: in "level" set the number to 2. In this way, the numbers of your chapter and subchapter will be displayed.
NOTE: in outline number, you must set the "show sublevels" to the right value to see the whole set of numbers.
Kosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

Now there seems to another problem. When applying a subchapternumber (which I have integrated in my subchapter -styles) it doesn't work before i first apply my main chapter style too the heading, then I have to apply the subchapter-style after this to get it to show the right numbering (If i just do this directly with the subchapter style I get (1) instead of (4.1) ) I guess this is a bug?

Another thing is that after saving my document all my subchapter numberings dissapear. I guess this also is a bug? Anyone know of a patch or update to fix this? I just tried installing 1.1.4 but the problem still remains. (I read somewhere that installing 1.1.4 would fix this bug.. but doesn't seem like it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: