Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Location: Hampshire, UK
|Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:09 pm Post subject: OOo.org Newsletter (vol. 2 issue 8) caught by SpamAssassin
I just got the recent OOo.org Newsletter, volume 2 issue 8, but instead of being in my Inbox it was in my Junk as it received 7.5 spam points from SpamAssassin- the most points I've ever seen on a false positive.
I try not to rely on whitelisting as I prefer SA to "know" what's spam and what's not so it works more effectively. I had already taught it that all of the previous OOo.org newsletters were ham along with all my other legitimate email.
Did anyone else find their SA caught the newsletter?
Either way, if you're running SA against your email how many points did the newsletter get?
The headers SpamAssassin added are as follows:
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.64 (2004-01-11) on coconut
* 0.6 US_DOLLARS_3 BODY: Mentions millions of $ ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)
* 0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_55 BODY: 5alpha-pock-5alpha
* 0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_71 BODY: 7alpha-pock-1alpha
* 1.0 NO_COST BODY: No such thing as a free lunch (3)
* 2.6 SAVE_THOUSANDS BODY: Save big money
* 2.1 OB_URI_RBL URI's domain appears in ws database at ob.surbl.org
* [www.virusthreatcenter.com is blacklisted in URI]
[RBL at multi.surbl.org]
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=7.5 required=4.0 tests=J_CHICKENPOX_55,