OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Closed Commands Window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbeach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Closed Commands Window Reply with quote

Hi, probably a newbie question, but I've closed my math commands window (the one with the graphical representation of the math elements) and can't seem to open it again. I was using it just fine, but I closed it by clicking on the X in the top right corner of the dialog box.

I can insert an equation, and I get the editor area toward the bottom of the window, but I can't figure out how to show the commands window again.

I can open the 'symbols' dialog, but I can't find a button or menu item which opens the commands window.

Using SuSE Linux 9.2, OpenOffice 1.1.3, word processing document. I've done a complete restart (former Windows guy here - forgive me) but that didn't help me out.

Any help is appreciated.
mbeach
Ed
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think View>Selection is what you're looking for.
mbeach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. Exactly.

Thank you kindly. I'm a wanna be convert, so I'm doing as much as possible with OpenOffice. So far so good - simple things like this are the minor gumption traps holding me back.

Thanks again,
mbeach.
mbeach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have your attention: I was looking for an angle indicator. It's like a severly italized L, when refering to angles such as "Angle ABC". I'll keep searching for it, but if you happen to know off hand?? Don't go searching though - I'm sure I'll locate it eventually.
terence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed wrote:
I think View>Selection is what you're looking for.

Wow, I spent all night trying to figure out where this window went.
terence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbeach wrote:
It's like a severly italized L, when refering to angles such as "Angle ABC". I'll keep searching for it, but if you happen to know off hand?

I found it in "Tools->Catalog" and choose "Special" from the dropdown menu. If you then click "Edit" you'll see that particular L in there... as far as I can figure when you're this far in, you get the opportunity to name the symbols as you see fit... which I think means that most of the symbols listed there have no names...

and from previous experience I remember that you use "%pi" to display the pi symbol, and that seems to work for the custom symbols as well.

here's a screenshot that probably says it all:
http://img167.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img167&image=angleb4kh.png

"angleb" is my name, not the one OO uses

so in conclusion, tons of symbols not named in some kind of custom dictionary... hopefully they will be "officially defined" i guess.
JezWeston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: I've lost the entry window Reply with quote

I've lost the window that you can type your equation into. I don't mean the toolbox popped up by View->Selection, but the text entry window that allows you to edit the full form of your equation. An example is the bottom left text box in the background of terence's handy screenshot at:
http://img167.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img167&image=angleb4kh.png
where it says "%angleb".

Have digged around in the menus and toolbars, but I can't find out how to turn it back on.

Any help appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: