OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Advanced Clipart Gallery for OpenOffice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtraum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend working with OpenClipart on this. They have metadata, which is very important when distributing clipart.

As soon as I get some more information from them about the direction of their metadata, I'll be writing a cross-platform media organizer. From there, you'll be able to import openclipart's packages, Microsoft's media packages, individual files, and other package formats that may come along.

OOo gallery export will definitely be in there too, as I have already written a tool to do that with individual files and Microsoft media packages (http://oogalleryimport.sourceforge.net/).

mike
Fenix*NBK*
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberbaga:

In order for the macro to work, you will need to use any ZIP program.

After you saved the installer, you should choose your favourite ZIP program and integrate your pictures into the file.

If you're wunning WindowsXP, you don't need to install anything since ZIP software is already included.
On Mandrake Linux you may try to use Ark.
PH
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great, Fenix. Thanks!
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I would like to introduce my gallery for OpenOffice.org. It contains more than 2000 cliarts in various theme. Mainly it based on fr.ooo.org Daniel Carrera and others work. I also converted the well known png files to vector based graphics. Vector based graphics is embedded not linked as usual (low file number)....
You can reach the gallery at the hu.openoffice.org project:
http://hu.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=377&expandFolder=377&folderID=456

The current version is downloadable from here:
http://office.fsf.hu/work/Gallery-1-20.zip (~30MB)

Have a nice day!
Please write me some description about this collection.

Thanks,
KAMI
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will upload soon the updated gallery. The number of elements is 2362...
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATED!

http://hu.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=377&expandFolder=377&folderID=456
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenix*NBK* & Kami_,

I have downloaded both ClipArt gallieries and was planning to use them.

A possible problem has occured to me. Following the instructions in Fenix*NBK*'s download makes the images appear in the gallery as expected. I was planning to follow the same procedure with the 2nd gallery when I noticed that some of the .sdg .sdv .thm files are the same e.g. sg110.sdg etc.

I assume that if I copy the 2nd gallery into C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1\share\gallery\ that this will cause problems with (i.e. break links to) those images already in the gallery.

Are you aware of this potential problem? Is it a problem? Do you have a solution? If not, I think it would be best to make it clear to anyone downloading one of these (or other galleries) that copying them into the various folders could potentially cause them to lose other files from the gallery.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

BFN Smile,
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8daysaweek.co.uk wrote:
Fenix*NBK* & Kami_,

I have downloaded both ClipArt gallieries and was planning to use them.

A possible problem has occured to me. Following the instructions in Fenix*NBK*'s download makes the images appear in the gallery as expected. I was planning to follow the same procedure with the 2nd gallery when I noticed that some of the .sdg .sdv .thm files are the same e.g. sg110.sdg etc.

I assume that if I copy the 2nd gallery into C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1\share\gallery\ that this will cause problems with (i.e. break links to) those images already in the gallery.

Are you aware of this potential problem? Is it a problem? Do you have a solution? If not, I think it would be best to make it clear to anyone downloading one of these (or other galleries) that copying them into the various folders could potentially cause them to lose other files from the gallery.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

BFN Smile,

Hi Galery Fan!
This means those two galeries are using galery themes with same filename. Of course there are lot of differences between of two galeries. The firstly posted galery is want to create a big galery based on effort of openclipart's community and other's work. So he included many files as external png files. They may have quality problem if you want to upscale them. I focused on to create a galery with real vector based files. I have converted a lot of picture to vector files, and have checked them one by one. I mainly using embedded vector files, so I don't have so many external files, just the real photos remains external.
If you want solve the problem you ma rename my or his galery theme files. You should rename all of three type of files(.sdg .sdv .thm). Overwriting cause the loss of overwrote galery themes. If you want (and send me the conflicting theme's names) I may able to change the name of those files in my repository.
loopy67
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: oo gallery beta version Reply with quote

I am having difficulties installing it, every time I do so, it freezes up on me.
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: oo gallery beta version Reply with quote

loopy67 wrote:
I am having difficulties installing it, every time I do so, it freezes up on me.

What did you install? And how? What does it freeze, your computer, OOo?
Tri to exit from OOo (also from Quickstarter) when you installin. Which platform affected from your side?
loopy67
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to install the 2.0 beta version of the new advanced clipart gallery, and it kept on freezing my OpenOffice 2.0 programs and all the internet explorer pages that were up. Do you know an alternative clipart gallery I could use, or maybe a way to import clipart from the microsoft online gallery into OO?
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopy67 wrote:
I was trying to install the 2.0 beta version of the new advanced clipart gallery, and it kept on freezing my OpenOffice 2.0 programs and all the internet explorer pages that were up. Do you know an alternative clipart gallery I could use, or maybe a way to import clipart from the microsoft online gallery into OO?

Current version is 1.21
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think loopy67 is referring to Fenix*NBK*'s gallery found here:
http://n.ethz.ch/student/meiersi/pub/OOo/ ...therefore a link to your gallery won't help him/her much Wink

KAMI_ wrote:
If you want solve the problem you ma rename my or his galery theme files. You should rename all of three type of files(.sdg .sdv .thm). Overwriting cause the loss of overwrote galery themes. If you want (and send me the conflicting theme's names) I may able to change the name of those files in my repository.

Yes, I have done further testing and am aware of how to manually fix the problem. The reason for my message is specifically to make end users, who may not notice that gallery themes have the same name, aware that they shouldn't just copy more than one gallery in the OOo folder, as this could break links to the images already in the Gallery. Obviously this also raises issues regarding uninstall of gallery themes.

I was hoping that someone may have already thought of this problem, and a solution. It looks as though there may be a solution for OOo2 here http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=18724 but I haven't yet looked at exactly what method this code uses.

However for OOo1.1.x users shouldn't copy gallery images or themes into the specified folders, without checking whether there are already files with the same name already in there. I think it would be worth adding this warning in the zip files that are released, along with how to resolve the problem manually.

BFN Smile,
loopy67
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanx, I will try that. I have a question though. Is there a way to import microsft clipart from their website into oo?
Kami_
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopy67 wrote:
ok thanx, I will try that. I have a question though. Is there a way to import microsft clipart from their website into oo?

You might check http://mpftools.sourceforge.net/ to import.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: