OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

2.0 beta won't fully install on linux debian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberwuffy
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: 2.0 beta won't fully install on linux debian Reply with quote

Hey there. I've got openoffice 2 working fine on windows, but on linux, it's not fully installed. I used alien to convert all of the RPM packages from the download to DEB. It installs all the core stuff, except for writer, and three other packages. This is the output below:

<i><b>
<l/RPMS/openofficeorg-writer_1.9.79-2_i386.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
(Reading database ... 196009 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking openofficeorg-gnome-integration (from .../openofficeorg-gnome-integration_1.9.79-2_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing //home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-gnome-integration_1.9.79-2_i386.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/ucpgvfs1.uno.so', which is also in package openofficeorg-core02
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Unpacking openofficeorg-suse-menus (from .../openofficeorg-suse-menus_1.9.79-2_all.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing //home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-suse-menus_1.9.79-2_all.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/openoffice.org-1.9', which is also in package openofficeorg-redhat-menus
Unpacking openofficeorg-testtool (from .../openofficeorg-testtool_1.9.79-2_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing //home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-testtool_1.9.79-2_i386.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/resource/stt680en-US.res', which is also in package openofficeorg-core08
Unpacking openofficeorg-writer (from .../openofficeorg-writer_1.9.79-2_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing //home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-writer_1.9.79-2_i386.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/libswui680li.so', which is also in package openofficeorg-core05
Errors were encountered while processing:
//home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-gnome-integration_1.9.79-2_i386.deb
//home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-suse-menus_1.9.79-2_all.deb
//home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-testtool_1.9.79-2_i386.deb
//home/mattdawolf/Desktop/OOo_2.0beta_LinuxIntel_install/RPMS/openofficeorg-writer_1.9.79-2_i386.deb
RESULT=1
</i></b>

Sysinfo:
Debian Linux; OO 2.3
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to follow the installation instructions at:

http://installation.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=609

It will probably say that pkgchk is deprecated, and the following two instructions will probably not execute but the installation should be largely successful.
cyberwuffy
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanx!

Sysinfo:
Debian Linux; OO 2.3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: