OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Envelopes no go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalypsoArt
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Envelopes no go Reply with quote

First time I tried to use envelopes in OO and it does not work. I had to go back to Word.

Insert>envelope

Simple no. 9 envelope, format addresses, everything looks fine. Preint Preview look fine.

However, when I go to print and my HP preview shows a much larger envelope, and the printer is tyint to print where ther is no envelpoe.

I tried user defined envelope putting in the demensions and same thing. I spent a little time trying to solve this but gave up. I just went back to Word and it printed correctly. Is this some problem between OO and the HP Photosmart 1115?

Win XP, OOo 1.4
GEOINTHENORTH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: ENVELOPES DON'T PRINT CORRECTLY Reply with quote

I had the same problem using a HP Laserjet 1012. No matter how I configured the printer setup in OO, it insisted in printing the addresses "portrait" on the envelope, instead of "landscape".
bartch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem but found a solution: do the following:

file/page preview
and click on the button "print options page view"
Now you can select landscape. Make sure you set columns to "1"
If you print now, you get a good orientation.

bArtch
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Envelopes no go Reply with quote

CalypsoArt wrote:
First time I tried to use envelopes in OO and it does not work.

I've had envelope problems no matter the suite used over a LOT of years, and most often resorted to setting margins, saving the page, and be done with it. You'd think they'd have it down by now. Here's one I use now for single envelopes in Windows XP [or earlier versions] that works very well. If trying it, you might want to experiment with a blank 8.5x11 first.

http://freeware4u.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=232

Go here first to see how it works:
http://freeware4u.com/shots/envelopewizard/EnvWizard.htm

David.
cwynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: 1012V same problem Reply with quote

Actually got it to print once after repeatedly setting up the HP 1012V printer in landscape. I think it was checking the box for 'print pages" But it didn't postion the address's as they were set up in the page review screen and it dropped font size and features such as bold type.

Then I couldn't get it to repeat print after making some position changes of the text.

Yeah this is an on going problem is this products relationship with HP printers it seems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: