OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Overlaying Presentation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chswfreshman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Overlaying Presentation Reply with quote

Is it possible to send the presentation to the secondary monitor and still have normal impress and other apps open on the primary like in powerpoint...Thanks
jhpavelko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Dual Monitors Reply with quote

I am able to set up a dual monitor system sort of...(Let me explain)

I am using OO 2.0 Beta. I have not be able to do this in OO 1.

I use a Dell 8600 with a ATI Mobility Raedon 9600 video card. In Display Property Settings I enable Monitor 2 to Extend my Windows desktop. Then in the Advance setting for Monitor 1, under Display, I set the monitor to enable a projector and designate this as Monistor 1 thereby forcing the panel on my laptop to be Monitor 2.

I had to install a driver called Hydravision. This is where things get complicated. In Hydravision under Desktop Management, I set the Dialog control to Enable dialop repositioning and show it on monitor 2.

When I open OO Impress, it is show on the screen but I just drag it over to my laptop. I then press F5 and the slide show starts. By pressing Shift F5 the navigator menu comes up and I can work the presentation out of sequence.

Here is were the sorta comes in, if I click on anything part of OO other than the Navigator menu the who system shuts down and I must close and restart OO. The same thing happens if i do not use OO. My guess is there is a bug in the beta software.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AndrewZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now multimonitor can be tested in a preview of OOo 2.1. Go try it out.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=45966
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: