OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Well Done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Well Done! Reply with quote

Just want to say THANK YOU to the development team for the work they have done in this last release.

I am using oo1.1 RC1 and am loving it!

Let me explain ....

I don't want to pay (nor pirate) MS office so I have been using oo for some months now, however I have always been a "bit" disappointed with it.... However things are now changing... The more I use this latest release the more I enjoy oo. I have written a macro and all seems to be working the way it should. (Note: The macro documentation could be better, BUT I am sure that they will get there soon!)

Today I am writing a text document for a business proposal. I then thought wouldn't it be nice if I could do calculations within ooWriter. So I thought to make a post in issuezilla for an enhacement (The more we participate the better oo will become.). Before I did this I thought "hang on" let me check the help files and see what they say.

Did a search for "calculation" and guess what... This is already implemented in ooWriter and is very COOOLLLLLLL!!!!!! you can even do operations from one inserted table to the next and if you just want to do some quick sums you just need to hit "F2" and a field appears that lets you enter a formula.

What I would like to see in the future is being able to access values in previous fields in a new field. Something like "Newformula = <formula1> + <formula2>/12 +23" instead of having to use a table.

OK I thought I had to write this and say "well done".

Continue the good work.

Nom
openmind
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Well Done! Reply with quote

Nom wrote:
(Note: The macro documentation could be better, BUT I am sure that they will get there soon!)

There is a document from sun released this july which includes a lot of information about Basic. It's not a complete reference but covers the most important things for writer, calc, RuntimeLibrary, DatabaseAccess, Forms and Dialogs..

Have a look at:

http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/817-1826-10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: