OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Writer/Web and Frages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasBrackel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Writer/Web and Frages Reply with quote

Question Why do I get, if I want to load a Html file named Index.htm that was created with Microsoft Word and contains Frames with OpenOffice.Org, 1.1.4 or 2.0 Beta, nothing else but a German message:

"Diese Seite verwendet Frames, die jedoch von Ihrem Browser nicht unterstützt werden.."

Means: "This site uses Frames, that, however, are not supported by your Browser..". With two dots at the end. But not only that. All my browsers show the entire website correctly - only Opera with a too large line spacing, but: Mozilla, Netscape, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and also Konqueror/SuSE Linux KDE. And my OpenOffice.Org installations are English (as well as the browsers). Where from does this astonishingly wrong message come?
9point9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes from the abysmal HTML that Word produces. You could open the page as plain text in a text editor and remove all of the junk to make it work properly.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: