OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

PDF Form problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imko
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: PDF Form problem Reply with quote

Hello,

Im trying to make a PDF form. Making the form works exelent in the writer exporting also works fine. But when i open the .pdf in acrobat reader (7.0) i cant save the input i made in the form. Im getting a error message saing that i cant save only print the form.

But i need it to be able to safe !!

anyone any idea ??

THX
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: PDF Form problem Reply with quote

imko wrote:
Im trying to make a PDF form. Making the form works exelent in the writer exporting also works fine. But when i open the .pdf in acrobat reader (7.0) i cant save the input i made in the form. Im getting a error message saing that i cant save only print the form.

anyone any idea ??

The problem is, that acrobat reader is not capable to save input in pdf forms. You have to purchase one of the Adobe products for that.

I don't no exactly which, but I've that Adobe Professional may suffice. But don't rely on that.

With kind regards
hol.sten
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: PDF Form problem Reply with quote

imko wrote:
Hello,

anyone any idea ??

THX

You are using Acrobat Reader, not Acrobat Editor ? The reader allows only certain privileges like printing, but not editing [changing] then re-saving. You might try a Google search using key-words [freeware pdf forms editor], but to be truthful, I haven't seen any real freeware to do this.

David.
imko
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's true, but i am using the version that is capible of write in a form !! the goal is to use acrobat reader 2.0 for pocket pc this version can fill in forms !! but when i open the pdf on a pocket it say's

"This is not asupported form type. For further information, please refer to the adobe Reader user guide"
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imko wrote:
that's true, but i am using the version that is capible of write in a form !! the goal is to use acrobat reader 2.0 for pocket pc this version can fill in forms !! but when i open the pdf on a pocket it say's

"This is not asupported form type. For further information, please refer to the adobe Reader user guide"

OK, again: Regardless which Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader you use, you will not be able to SAVE the filled form fields. All A* Reader are not capable of that. With Adobe Reader 7.0 you can print the form including the input in the form fields and you can send the input to a server.

With kind regards
hol.sten
imko
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whell.. let me tell you something new !.. you can whit the reader for PDA (windows CE) as it seems i'ts not possibel whit open office... to bad
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imko wrote:
whell.. let me tell you something new !.. you can whit the reader for PDA (windows CE) as it seems

Thanx for your enlightenment! Smile

Never heard of that feature before and read the contrary manifold. But it seems to be a special feature for Pocket PC: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readerforppc.html
Adobe.com wrote:
Mobile data entry: Submit form data using handheld devices over a wireless connection. If you are working offline, the data is temporarily stored, then submitted once a connection is established. Send forms by e-mail or directly to the destination server using a cradle or cable.

Thought about opening an issue for it, so that it will be fixed in one of the next releases?

With kind regards
hol.sten
imko
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre welkom Wink

that whoud be verry nice !! because if it's possible to do so youll save like 500 euro !! But i am afraid the feature will be implemented to late to be at use for me.. i kind of need it yesterday if you know what i mean..

I dont think you know .. but i can alway's ask ...... any idea if and when it will be posible ?

Thanx
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imko wrote:
that whoud be verry nice !! because if it's possible to do so youll save like 500 euro !! But i am afraid the feature will be implemented to late to be at use for me.. i kind of need it yesterday if you know what i mean..

Yeah, I know what you mean Wink

imko wrote:
I dont think you know .. but i can alway's ask ...... any idea if and when it will be posible ?

Go to this page http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/project_issues.html and start filling an issue after looking, that not somebody else had opened an issue on the problem you found. If you found an issue opened on that topic, vote for it!

With kind regards
hol.sten
imko
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx .. now i know i don't have to try any further it's not me Wink i issued it number 48249 so vote vote vote Laughing Wink

but seriusly thanx
suz
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing you might try. When you are in Adobe Reader, and you have filled in all of the form fields, you can't save the file in pdf format, but I have had luck printing it to a file....instead of to a printer.

This saves a copy as a Post Script file. If you have something capable of viewing PostScript you would be able to view the file with the data input and print it.

Hope this helps??
imko
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx, did not try it.. weekend now gone give it a try on monday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: