OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Complete bibliography without citing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muffinman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Complete bibliography without citing Reply with quote

Hi,

At this moment if I want to create a bibliography, only the sources that I reference to are displayed in the bibliography, created by OOO. Is it possible that if I create a bibliographical entry in the document -the database stopped functioning somehow- it is displayed without any conditions, thus without the necessity of citing?

Thanks in advance, Maarten
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your question to be, "How can I show my bibliography if I never cite its entries in the document?".

The bibliography is a data source and all or selected records can be brought into a document as follows. Open doc, do F4 and open data source, select all or some records, click the Data to Text icon. You have 3 different methods of diplaying your entire records or selected fields within them.
Beholder4096
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Actually, the better answer to the question would be.. Reply with quote

to insert the reference to the end of the document and format it to be "hidden text" (editable in Character style). The problem is then that it gets so "hidden" that it literally disappears from the document (while being in the bibliography).

I think it is quite enough if you paing a white backgroud to the reference and then also paint the reference with white color. Then it will disappear in all documents with white background.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: