OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Show multiple sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amvanas

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Show multiple sheets Reply with quote

Hi!

Can someone tell me if it's possible to view multiple sheets at the same time (split window), and how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Annemarie
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Show multiple sheets Reply with quote

amvanas wrote:
Hi!

Can someone tell me if it's possible to view multiple sheets at the same time (split window), and how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Annemarie

Windows platform?

Open a new window for each sheet you want to see. You won't see anything right away perhaps. Then from the task bar at the bottom, right mouse, and select to tile verically. Make sure first that this is the only program running and that you have closed all folders. All will be tiled otherwise, and you want only those that you wish to see.

Change to the sheet you want to see in each case. You could tile horizontally if that's preferred.

When done, resize each to max before closing. You will see an entire sheet structure with row/column indicators, not just the data area, so I'd not try too many at one time.

David.
amvanas

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply David.

I tried, but now another problem emerges: I can't load the same spreadsheet twice at the same time. And the 2 sheets I want to see are in the same overall spreadsheet. Only option is to save them seperately and then open both?

The rest of your instructions work fine. Except that in Windows XP it's even better: you can tile individual groups of windows seperately. Or manually resize them of course Smile

Still a bit disappointed that OO Calc doesn't have this type of spilt view function Sad

Best regards,
Annemarie
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your spreadsheet open do Window > New Window. This will result in two views of the same file. In Windows you can go from one window to the other with Alt+Tab or tile them as indicated.
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amvanas wrote:
Thanks for your reply David.

I tried, but now another problem emerges: I can't load the same spreadsheet twice at the same time.

You don't ty to load a new spreadsheet, but open a new window. See John V's instructions. That is what I meant you to do.

David.
amvanas

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right! Didn't understand that. Works fine now. Thanks for your help!

Annemarie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: