OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Newbie to OOo under W32, transformation problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AgustinCordoba
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Newbie to OOo under W32, transformation problems Reply with quote

Hi, I usually use OpenOffice under Linux, it works fine for me, absolutely zero problems.
However, I occasionally need to send a speadsheet to someone I know runs a Windows-only machine, so I generally recorded the open document with an .xls extension and as an Word/Office/Excell file .xls
Today I have problems with such a file, where separating lines of the grid disappear, and the overall aspect is different from what I see on my Linux system. I have just downloaded the W32 version to see if the error reproduces outside of MS applications, in case it is a system related font problem.
Apart from lthis, I have saved the document as a .pdf file, as this seems more multi-platform. The .pdf file opened and viewed perfectly under Linux, using Xpdf, Kpdf, but no flavour of Acrobat Reader will show it (an error message 517 or similar appears, and when you scroll up and down the data shown disappears).
Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do?

MTIA

Agustin
(oh, nearly forgot, XP-Proand W98)
AgustinCordoba
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie to OOo under W32, transformation problems Reply with quote

AgustinCordoba wrote:
Hi, I usually use OpenOffice under Linux, it works fine for me, absolutely zero problems.
However, I occasionally need to send a speadsheet to someone I know runs a Windows-only machine, so I generally recorded the open document with an .xls extension and as an Word/Office/Excell file .xls
Today I have problems with such a file, where separating lines of the grid disappear, and the overall aspect is different from what I see on my Linux system. I have just downloaded the W32 version to see if the error reproduces outside of MS applications, in case it is a system related font problem.
Apart from lthis, I have saved the document as a .pdf file, as this seems more multi-platform. The .pdf file opened and viewed perfectly under Linux, using Xpdf, Kpdf, but no flavour of Acrobat Reader will show it (an error message 517 or similar appears, and when you scroll up and down the data shown disappears).
Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do?

MTIA

Agustin

All well. What I did was to install the Beta version on my XP system, then open the offending .sxc file, re-saving it as PDF.This time it opened perfectly with all PDF readers. On Debian I have been using version 1.1.3, so now I have also installed Beta there. With one or two user-induced mis-haps, it is now working well, though it takes very long to load.

Regards,

Agustin
(oh, nearly forgot, XP-Proand W98)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: