OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Overriding document properties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsacksteder

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Overriding document properties Reply with quote

I'd like to override the properties of a document when it is opened, specifically the margins. I have a few thousand xls files with margins set to 0" on the left and right, and they don't print correctly. It seems that the 'margin' property is set in each sheet of the document. Is there a method for setting a margin globally for all documents?
Dale
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Overriding document properties Reply with quote

jsacksteder wrote:
I'd like to override the properties of a document when it is opened, specifically the margins. I have a few thousand xls files with margins set to 0" on the left and right, and they don't print correctly. It seems that the 'margin' property is set in each sheet of the document. Is there a method for setting a margin globally for all documents?

Given the enormous depth of my experience in OOo (about two minutes worth) - This sounds like a job for a macro or even more appropriately some sort of code (Java, C, whatever). I've got even less knowledge about programming than I do about calc.

Try posting your query to the Macro and API forum and see if you get a response.

OOo documentation from the source
http://documentation.openoffice.org
Guides, FAQ, How Tos
probe1

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening an XLS file here with OOo results in a page style "TAB_Tabelle#" (german version) for every table# in the file.

These page styles hold the page margins.

Each style in use has to be corrected.

As Dale stated: This is a job for a macro!
I have some skeletons for adapting. Would you like a FilePicker dialogue to choose a file to change; or should all XLS-files in a given directory be changed?
Should it be saved as an XLS again (or *.sxc)? Do you like to define one standard style for a page layout to be used by all your files...?
DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: