OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Cannot navigate easily through sorted output lists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Labbe
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Cannot navigate easily through sorted output lists Reply with quote

I used the search engine to look for "line wrap". It gave me about 950 hits, and would't easily let me narrow that down.

So I had 20 pages of results, ... not attractive.

Then I had the search engine sort the result of my query and wanted to skip to those results that started with an L ... for line. Only the site won't let me.

I can see the first 4 pages and the last for ... but if I want to find that page where the results start with an L ... I have to ask for those pages one by one until I get there. Even though those pages are sorted. Not very useful.

Suggestions:

1) add an option that lets you go to the middle of the range offered, (in my case page 10), and then allows you to narrow down your search to pages 1-10 or pages 10-20. In that way you get a binary search which works much faster

2) add an option in which you cab type the page number from the range (1-20 in my case) so that I can do the search manually
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: