OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Update cross references

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exaptar
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Update cross references Reply with quote

I've a large document that has a lot of cross references to mainly headers (1, 2,3). The cross references are created by drag and dropping from the navigator.

Since I'm still working on this document, I insert, delete and update the titles of the header that are being crossed referenced. Unfortunately, the text of the cross references are NOT being update.

When for example "5.6 Coils" is now "5.9 Coils", then the text of the cross refenrces still says "5.6 Coils". Clicking the link brings me to the correct header, however.

Is there any way to update the text of the x ref?

Thanks,

Marc
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use the Navigator to set cross-references. You must use Insert > Cross-reference to first define them and then to insert them. A nuisance but you can controll just what shows up in them like, "See page 1, SubChapter 5.9 on the subject of Coils". Once you have inserted a reference to 5.9 Coils you can copy and paste it to other locations to cut down on the steps required.
exaptar
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Bu even inserting the cross reference the way you outlined, does not resolve the problem that whenever the chapter number is increased, the reference in the document still displays the previous chapter number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: