OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Question about previewing/printing a range of worksheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papoon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Question about previewing/printing a range of worksheets Reply with quote

Hiya OOCalc fans. Another question from a newbie user transitioning from Excel.

I'm trying to print a range of worksheets in my spreadsheet. File | Page preview allows me to preview the pages, and to make numerous changes that are necessary to get the OOCalc printout to approximate the Excel settings. However ...

After the first half dozen or so worksheets display, Page preview skips directly to the LAST few sheets in my document. What happened to the sheets in between? I can't even get them to Page preview by selecting them alone, and dialiing up Page preview. What do I need to learn to get these sheets to print?
BookLady
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as if a something came over from XL that created a setting in Format> Print Ranges that is only calling for a certain number of pages.

When I first started using 1.1.4 it was necessary to clean out everything in Format> Print Ranges
Papoon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I can Format | Print range | Remove from the sheets that I am able to print. But "Remove" is greyed out on the sheets that I cannot print or preview.

I can Format | Print range | Edit the printable sheets as well as the ones I cannot print. I find that the printable sheets are formatted to print something called "Excel_BuiltIn_Print_Area_20" (there are about 30 different "Excel_BuiltIn_Print_Areas" defined on the drop-down list). When I select a non-printing sheet and change this setting to match, voila, I can print, and preview, that sheet.

A bit of a mystery, but I seem to have worked around it and have my print-outs. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: