OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office unusable due to all text being like hieroglyphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propagandhi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Open Office unusable due to all text being like hieroglyphic Reply with quote

This is a really strange problem, as I had open office working perfectly on gentoo, then one morning when I loaded it up I got a really weird problem with not being able to read any fonts at all on any page. If i get into a document, the text I type into it is fine, but the whole user interface is just magled. You can see this below (hopefully)

I have tried re-installing it a couple of times, I even had the 104 revision, and went up to 109 and still no better. HELP
jagadeesh
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is may be due to the problem during Installation . The image here seems to be in Chineese version .If I am correct may be u r selecting chineese to Installation and it is because the localization process of OO . and also it may be problem u've chosen with OS default language ,try to modify thedefault language
propagandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: RE: Open Office Menu and User Interface garbled Reply with quote

It's definitely not the chinese localisation, because in gentoo, all my settings are en_us, and to install, I just type emerge openoffice-bin, theres no option for selecting the locale, and why would open office install itslef with chinese localisation when EVERY single other program I have installed is perfect.
propagandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: RE: Follow Up Reply with quote

I thought the following detail may provoke some sort of helpful results from the more knowledgeable out there - when I execute Open Office as root, the fonts are fine. How can I get this to work for the standard user??
mjost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its working as root but not as normal user, it sounds like a permission problem or some such.
Maybe you can find it by strace-ing the program. (see the strace man-page for details)

HTH

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: