Joined: 28 Jun 2005
|Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:24 pm Post subject: Views
I am using the beta OpenOffice.org version 1.9.109 on Windows XP. I have created a standard OpenDocument Database (*.odb) that includes two forms, two tables, and a view. I would like to begin by stating that the view seems to have created the problem I am having.
What I have done is created two forms. The first form is used to enter new data into a table which has the purpose of creating a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers. The second form has the purpose of collecting more information on each entry in the first table. One entry could have several in the second table. A list box is placed on the second form so you can select a single entry. The hope is that when you select an entry, you do not have to select the address or phone number and mail merges can be done easily for each, if you will, account. For which purpose I have created a view to accomplish this. Whilst checking the entries placed in the view, I noticed everything *appeared* correct. I closed the window, saved, and began to make my template form with each field where I wanted it. A second proofreading caught some spelling errors. I promptly went back to Base and was unable to open the Tables window.
"SQL Status: S1000
Error code: -29
File input/output error C:\Documents and Settings\File.properties java.io.IOException: No OutputStream"
Not understanding the problem, I decided I would try my hand at it again but with less data entry to quickly see if it could be reproduced. I moved my *.odb file to another folder, deleted the database connection, and created a new one in the same name. There seems to be a bug where the name is left in memory and it doesn't lose the connection thinking it's still there. In other words, I get the above error on a new database with the same name. This too has been reproduced. Something I noticed was when I restart my computer, open the original file, the error seems to be more verbose. It states there is a problem with the view. I would be led to believe this because it displays the name I gave it. I will get this information shortly.
I would like to recover the original data. Efforts at exporting this document as *.csv have been exhausted. I'm really at a loss for what to do or where to go next.