OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Query-Formular (like FileMaker Pro)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nergal79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Query-Formular (like FileMaker Pro) Reply with quote

Hello,
I have converted a FileMakerDB to MySQL and want to 'reconstruct' my old FM-DB-Form with OOoBase.

Now there is no problem to create a nice form to insert and view the data. But it would be really great to be able to change the Form into a kind of QueryBuilder as it is possible with FileMaker.

My DB ist bibliography-catalogue and instead of defining a query or to work with filters. I would like to hit a button to switch to search-modus, enter an authors name in the authors-field and for instance a year in the year-field. Then by hitting another button base should perform a filtering with these two values and i would be able to search the filtered records with my db-form as ever.

I need this, because most users know this system from FileMaker Pro and it was even hard to teach them this way of searching the catalogue.

any ideas how this could be implemented?
Lazy-legs
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, In FileMaker you can switch between the Browse and Find modes using either a keyboard shortcut or a button on the layout (FileMaker's term for form). In Base you can use the Search button do to exactly the same, You can then use a filter to filter the result set. Other FileMaker-like functionality can be achieved by using macros. However, writing macros is by no means as easy as using ScriptMaker.

Kind regards,
Dmitri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: