OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Output doesn't match format settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortblock
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Output doesn't match format settings Reply with quote

Good afternoon, everyone. It's been a while since last posting a question, but I need help now. I am using both OOo 1.13 which came with SimplyMepis (Linux) 3.3, and OOo 2.0 Beta (1.9.113). I get similar results with both programs. I have made a letterhead template which includes a graphic and text in the header, and text in the footer, as well. Page two begins without header and footer being turned on, which is pretty standard stuff.

My problem is that the printed output doesn't match the margins I've set using Format>Page>Page. I have Left & Right set to 1", while Top and Bottom are set to .5". It is the same setup for both versions of OOo. The page preview looks good, but when I print, the outcome is not what is expected. Here's the output of a letter I produced this morning: (page 1) left margin 1 3/16", right margin 13/16"; (page 2) left margin 1" (perfect), right margin 5/8". If the letters I produce were for personal reasons, it would be tolerable, but the letters I send are church related and need to look good.

My printer is an HP PSC 2110 all-in-one. Now, let me add this, the print looks good in XP. What am I missing?

Pastor Ron
shortblock
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Output doesn't match format settings Reply with quote

Good afternoon, again. I've been gone for much of the day and have just looked at the thread. Am I the only one having this problem? There is no issue when running OOo in XP, just Linux, and that seems quite odd to me.

Any help will certainly be appreciated.

Pastor Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: