OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

help with wpd2sxwbatch.pl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amurphy96822
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: help with wpd2sxwbatch.pl Reply with quote

HI: I am in the midst of a massive attempt to migrate from Wprdperfect12 to OpenOffice for Win and later OpenOffice for linux. I have literally hundreds of files in two main directories and have been trying to use the above perl script but continue to get error messages.

I downloaded Perl and put it in the path. I tried to run the script from the command prompt in WinXP but continued to get an error message, something like "USAGE:" and then a message about input and output for wpd2sxw. I have tried running the script from within the directory that holds the .wpd files (thus not using any -d option), then tried the following for the -o option (c:\Documents and Settings\....\ooDiamondHead) (inserting all the steps in the path. Does not work. Could someone help me with the syntax? Otherwise I will have to open every file in OpenOffice2 (which has the filter), but use it in OpenOffice 1.1.4 because I can assign macros to keys there and not in the beta. I even tried running it with no options, think at least if it worked, I could use dos tools to move the files later. Still not work.

my attempt looks something like:

Code:

wpd2sxwbatch.pl (-d c:\Documents and Settings\...ooDiamondHead)

amurphy96822
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: help with wpd2sxwbatch.pl Reply with quote

HI: actually before anyone gets into this, I have downloaded writerperfect and it works ok in OOo 1.1.4; so I guesss I will forget the batch file and just bring up the charts as I need them and go from there. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: