OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

postcard mail merge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stracken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: postcard mail merge Reply with quote

tried to do it but can't so I ask your help:

Seems that I don't have an option to do mail merge with draw?

I also don't see any template or wizzard for postcards under "file>>new" ?

I was thinking to create a postcards with graphics and then do a mail merge.

Can somebody share their wisdom or experience?

Thanks
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't how to create it but how to print it which depends on your printer and how you will feed the cards into it.

Try this approach and see how it works. Open new Writer doc, Insert > Frame, give the frame the dimensions of the postcard and put some text in the frame. Put a mark in one corner of a normal sheet of paper as a position reference then print on that sheet.

Taking into consideration how you will feed the cards, move your frame to where you think it should be and print on another reference sheet. When you think you have it right see if you actually hit a postcard.

Once you have this done you can put two more frames inside the existing frame for the text area and the address area although there are other appraoches you could take. Inside your frame(s) you can copy & paste a draw creation, use the Writer drawing tools, insert a background, apply borders, etc.
spurrymoses
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnV wrote:
The problem isn't how to create it but how to print it which depends on your printer and how you will feed the cards into it.

Actually, I'm not sure that I agree on the definition of the problem here Wink I have a similar problem to the originator and my problem really is how to 'create' a Mail Merge..

I've found this thread after my own search for Mail Merging.

I've created a wedding invitation in 'Draw' (it's finished) and I can print it on the special paper I've got, just fine. Everything looks very nice.

However, I'd like to do what we commonly call a 'Mail Merge'. That is, one of the text boxes I've placed in my invitation is a place-holder for the person I'm sending it to. There doesn't seem to be any way of doing this within 'Draw'.

I believe I have exactly the same problem as the originator of this thread. The question being, can we do a Mail Merge in Draw?
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason you can't copy and paste your drawing into a Writer document and do the mail merge from there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: