OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Error loading BASIC of document

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OOisGreat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Error loading BASIC of document Reply with quote

Sad I get two errors when I save a document. So far it has no impact of the file.

File:///C:/Program%20Files/OpenOffice.org%201.9.118/share/basic/FormWizard/script.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.

File:///C:/Program%20Files/OpenOffice.org%201.9.118/share/basic/FormWizard/dialog.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.
9point9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume you are using 1.9.118 as this has been reported many times before with this build. See:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=22190&highlight=118+general+error

And search the forums for loads more.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
KJBinSTL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: BASIC error happens with OO 2.4 too. Reply with quote

I get the same error with OpenOffice 2.4 (Win2000, WinXP)
secsol
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update?
We are also seeing this on 2.4 and 2.3.1
dussan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same error with 2.4.1. Anyone?

dussan
ecologisto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with 2.4 on Linux.
By listing with YUM all the packages for openoffice*, I realized that I had old bits of open office 1.1.5 installed : openoffice.org-i18n and openoffice.org-libs.

By uninstalling them, I solved this problem.

Barth
jla

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: My BASIC error due to old user installs of OpenOffice.org1.1 Reply with quote

Thank you for this thread. I have been dealing with "Error Loading BASIC of document file:///C:/Program%20Files/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/share/basic/WebWizard/script.xlb/: General Error. General input/output error." for ages and it had confused me because it only affected two limited user accounts on my XP Home system. All other user accounts (limited) did not have the problem.

I had uninstalled the old versions and installed the new versions of OOo each time a new release came out, so I kept guessing the problem was some old registry setting. On a whim I checked the Add/Remove Programs control panel as one of the affected users, and sure enough, it listed OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 as well as OpenOffice.org 2.4. I think 1.1 was back in the per-user install era.

Unfortunately the uninstall fails. "It may have already been uninstalled" (yes, it was uninstalled from the system, the directory is missing, hence the error.) It then asks if I want to remove from Add/Remove, and I said yes. The problem persisted...

Then I searched some more and found this other possibility, that my macro library had an old/bad entry: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=22161

Sure enough, in Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > OpenOffice.org Basic... there was a WebWizard folder with no entries under it, and when I clicked the Organize button and the Libraires tab in the Macro Organize window the WebWizard location was pointing to 1.1.1 and disabled, so I deleted the reference to that library, closed everything up and launched Writer again. No more error! Maybe I'll deal with another upgrade. Smile
ecologisto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a working fix.

Thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: