OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is There a 'Booklet" Format?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E.T.Smith
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Is There a 'Booklet" Format? Reply with quote

I'm uncertain what the technical term is, but is there an automatic format feature in 1.1.4 for making a "booklet"? That is, printing pages in landscape, collating. then folding them over and stapling them along the fold to end up with a 8.5" x 5.5" booklet. The tricky part is that pages have to be printed in an order that will make them sequential when it's all put together. For instance, to make an 8 page booklet would require two double-sided printed sheets. One sheet would have pages 1 and 8 printed on one side, 2 and 7 on the other, while the second sheet would have pages 3 and 6 on one side, 4 and 5 on the other.

Of course I can do this with a lot of cut-and-paste, page breaks and some struggle with the puge number system, but it would be nice if someone can point me to a pre-existing tab for this feature.
hwtan
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the File-Print-Options-Pages-Brochure. Regarding the detail of how to use it, do a search in this forum, there was some discussions going on sometimes ago. The help file in OOo is too brief about the use of Brochure. But to my knowledge, the implementation of this feature is quite good. Have joy. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: