OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Word doc - lost formatting changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfsofa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Word doc - lost formatting changes Reply with quote

I work in an organisation which uses Word - not much I can do about that. I often get Word docs sent to me which I need to edit.

What I'm finding on occasion (haven't found the cause yet) is that changes to formatting get lost, eg. change bold,italic changed to non-bold,non-italic - but when I save, close and re-open nothing has changed.

Docs remain in Word format throughout.

I'm using OO 1.0.3 on Mac OSX but have also seen this behaviour on a recent version under Windows.

Is there a known issue here, or maybe an explanation as to why my changes are being lost?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Simon
tamm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: simila problem Reply with quote

Hi, I have a similar problem in that I create docs in oo writer and save as MS word/XP but some of the fomatting gets changed to bold and some font sizes have changed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: