OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Translation of equation field codes from MS word

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Boudreau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Translation of equation field codes from MS word Reply with quote

The one thing keeping me from switching to OOo is that it does not translate MS WORD field codes for equations. These were (I think) the original equation editing options in WORD and hence the ones I learned and use.

For those not familiar, the field codes for equations work something like this:

field code = { eq \f(a,b) } results in the fraction of a over b.

I would think it would be rather easy to make the translation, if anyone has the know-how.

Any plans for this?
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the only option I ever wanted to use for formula's in MS word. Way better than a graphical formula editor, but probably not suited for very complex formulae. I also regret to see my EQ fields being discarded by OOo, but it did't keep me from switching to Writer Wink Remember also, it is a transition problem that will go away once you're switched for good. The Math formula's in OOo writer have both the drawbacks of equation editor (formula is inserted as a graphical object that you need to open to change the properties) and the EQ field (you need to write commands, but I consider de latter as an advantage).
Nihao

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Equation field codes Reply with quote

I have many work done with equation f ields (more than ten years work !). And I know many people that did the same. I am very sad not to can turn to OO for that reason.
Please, do something for us...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: