OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

No recovery windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dujo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: No recovery windows Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to convert gigabyte of data to html. My program in java drives openoffice and works quiet well. I start openoffice with
Code:

soffice.exe  -headless -nologo -norestore -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager

Sometimes with some .doc files containing versionning I get a recovery window blocking my process.

Is there someone having an idea about how to suppress these annoying recovery windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: No recovery windows Reply with quote

Dujo wrote:
I start openoffice with
Code:

soffice.exe  -headless -nologo -norestore -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager

So you already use "-headless" and "-norestore".

Dujo wrote:
Sometimes with some .doc files containing versionning I get a recovery window blocking my process.

I never had a recovery window. I had several times a crash report, which I disabled like I wrote in this thread: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=11890.

Dujo wrote:
Is there someone having an idea about how to suppress these annoying recovery windows?

Can you post a picture of your recovery window?

Question: Which Windows version and which OOo version are you using?

With kind regards
hol.sten
Dujo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)I use Win2000 Pro but my application has to work on all Windows Platform except 95/98/ME.

2)I've already suppress the ErrorReportServer name in bootstrap.ini.

3)I don't have a picture of my recovery windows but it's the standard one asking you to recover a file.

Thanks for your reply

Dujo
Dujo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you are asking how I can see a recovery window in invisible mode.
In fact during my conversion process after 100 conversions, it was impossible to load new documents. So I kill OpenOffice and restart it manually without the -invisible and I see this recovery windows.

Unfortunately, my conversion process need sometimes to kill OpenOffice to avoid being blocked. This is maybe not a good solution. I wonder if someone has already done batch conversion without killing OpenOffice?

Dujo
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dujo wrote:
Maybe you are asking how I can see a recovery window in invisible mode.

Yeah, you're right!

Dujo wrote:
In fact during my conversion process after 100 conversions, it was impossible to load new documents. So I kill OpenOffice and restart it manually without the -invisible and I see this recovery windows.

How should I have guessed that from your first posting???

Dujo wrote:
Unfortunately, my conversion process need sometimes to kill OpenOffice to avoid being blocked.

I know. I have exactly the same problem.

Dujo wrote:
This is maybe not a good solution. I wonder if someone has already done batch conversion without killing OpenOffice?

I haven't found another solution, too. My Java solution goes like this:

A) Start OOo
B) Load several OOo swt documents
C) Fill in a loop the bookmarks
D) Export to PDF
The steps C) and D) are executed repeatedly. Sometimes OOo looses a bookmark (for no obvious reason) and I start again from A) by killing OOo from my Java application.

Because of the blocking and loosing of bookmarks I supervise the PDF creation in a separate thread. If the PDF creation doesn't come to an end or OOo stumbles over an internal error, I kill OOo with Java code, if OOo hasn't commited suicide. I know it's cruel, but it's necessary. If the Java application notices the no longer running OOo, it restarts OOo and initiates again the loading of the document templates and procedes with the rest.

To start OOo from Java I call a Windows batch file through the Java Runtime class. My Windows batch file contains all the desired options like "-headless" and "-norestore". I think that you may solve your problem by implementing a similar way.

With kind regards
hol.sten
Dujo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think that you may solve your problem by implementing a similar way.

You're right, I'm already doing my processing in a quiet similar way.
But killing openoffice is maybe not a good idea because I guess that some operating system ressources are not correctly released. That's maybe the cause of the blocking.
I've experienced blocking at the different UNO call, during the connection to the openoffice server and during the loading of a document. Using separate thread can solve the problem but sometimes in some conditions the java process becomes unkillable (even with Process Explorer from sysinternals) and that's a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: