OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Sheet references does not change relatively

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jluqaz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Sheet references does not change relatively Reply with quote

Dear Sirs, I created a new spreadsheet. In the new spreadsheet I have Sheet 1, Sheet 2 and Sheet 3. I put the workings on Sheet 1 and put the constants I was using in Sheet 2. Sheet 3 was left blank. I renamed Sheet 2 to Constants. I referred to the constants with absolute address - Constants.$B$2, etc.

I have to create multiple Sheet 1 for different cities. I insert a new sheet after Sheet 1. New Sheet was automatically assigned Sheet 4. Sheet 3 is still blank. I highlighted Sheet1 (mouse over cell 0,0 / click to highlight the sheet), right-click / copy, moved to Sheet 4, right-click / paste. All the cell references to Sheet 2 (Constants) was showing ERR...

Upon checking it was found that during the cut and paste operation, the Sheet was not "updated" relatively, leaving the Constants.$B$2 reading Sheet3.$B$2...

I believe OO got confused...

thanks.
davidh182
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need
$Constants.$B$2

Without the first $ it will refer to the sheet in the same relative position as "Constants" is to sheet 1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: