OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Using old VBE Code in IDE of OpenOffice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyR
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Using old VBE Code in IDE of OpenOffice? Reply with quote

Hi,

well I am a new user of the OpenOffice application and also new here, too Embarassed

I read so much new and interesting articles, but I don't find any information about my situation now. I hope I don't ask a looping question Wink

Well, I used MS Office before and now I like to rechange my code into the OpenOffice code language, but I saw there are a lot of differences between this and those application.

B.t.w. I prefer the Java object modell from OpenOffice cause it's easy to understand if you are a Java-Developer - but now my question...I hope anybody can help me...

Well is it possible to use the IDE as an object? *sorry if I couldn't find the answer*

For example on VB you can write this:

mOfficeApplication.VBE.VBProjects.Count .... --> to get the number of current VBProjects open in then Microsoft Application

My target would be to write from an external programm OpenOffice Basic code (dynamic) into the current open OpenOffice document

Can anybody help me?
probe1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would like to have access to the basic modules of OOo?

I wrote an adaption of the "Autotext" macro (Gimmicks library) to dump the text of all basic modules to a writer document (OOo basic)

See:

http://www.winnirohr.de/ooo/makros/global_BTL_BasicTextListe.sxw

HTH
DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
TommyR
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for U'r help Smile

But I search for a solution to get the Object which represents the IDE.

Well my prefer way should be this: I write dynamic code (OpenOffice macro) in my application, then I try to make a connection to an OpenOffice application(Desktop-Object ) open a document ( write or calc ) and then I push the dynamic macro into the the documents backend to run this macro if I need.

The important thing is, that the code what I want to push to the OpenOffice document could be soooo diferent, that I am not able to write this macro as default into the document.

I hope I describe it in an understandable way ... well sorry if not - Embarassed
probe1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to append a [module/text] to a document, the macro mentioned above is a good starting point - you don't need an "IDE object".

Macros attached to a document could be reached by through API without an IDE object needed.
DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
TommyR
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right! To append a text or module, the code is really a good starting point.

But my problem is to get the code or macro into the documents IDE - before I want to run the code.

Do you still have an example how I attach the macro to my document? Cause first I will have an empty document and during my runtime I want to attach the macro. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: