OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Input/Output Error when opening the Word 2003 XML file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wong Wai Yi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Input/Output Error when opening the Word 2003 XML file Reply with quote

Dear ALL,

I have installed the OpenOffice.org 1.1 RC3. When I try to open a Word 2003 XML file (produced by the Office 2003 beta), the Writer prompts the error message saying that "General Input/Ouput Error". I have tried several different testing Word 2003 XML files but still catch the error.

Does anybody have a clue on this problem?

Fyi, I use the Traditional Chinese Office 2003 beta. However, I don't think this is much matter since after checking the Word XML files, the encoding of the file has been set to "UTF" (i.e. Unicode).

Besides, I have tried to use the XMLSPY to open the testing Word 2003 XML files and apply the XML2HTML.XSL published by Microsoft. I also choose to use the Microsoft's XSLT engine. The XMLSPY can properly render the Word 2003 XML files into HTML file. So, I guess the encountered problem in OpenOffice.org might be related to the built-in XSLT engine.

Any advice, please.

Regards,
Alice WY WONG
Hong Kong
KaDzA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

i have exactly the same problem as you. where can i find this XML2HTML.XSL file?

regards,

Kadza
amit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: general input /output error Reply with quote

when saying to save a ppt it gives me a error general input/output error,pls give a solution to this problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: