OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Self-made wizards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Still

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Self-made wizards? Reply with quote

I often have to write documents for school which always have the same scheme. Is it possible to create an own wizard which asks me to type in the wanted Header, the title of the document (to add it in the pre-set font and font-size in a pre-set place) and creates the Footer on its own?
This would be interesting and would save much time...
-If you didn't understand everything feel free to ask me ( MarkusDeutsch@gmx.net or ICQ,...)
Thank you!
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: template Reply with quote

I don't know if a wizard is possible, but you certainly can make as many templates as you wish and there you may set headers, character types and sizes and almost anything you think of.
Then you click on the template and a new untitled doc will open with all the features you designed.
Search for "template" in help and in this forum.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Self-made wizards? Reply with quote

Still wrote:
I often have to write documents for school which always have the same scheme. Is it possible to create an own wizard which asks me to type in the wanted Header, the title of the document (to add it in the pre-set font and font-size in a pre-set place) and creates the Footer on its own?
This would be interesting and would save much time...
-If you didn't understand everything feel free to ask me ( MarkusDeutsch@gmx.net or ICQ,...)
Thank you!

As a follow-up to Gabor. I think that most of what you want done can be accomplished with Styles and a template although I don't think you can automate the inputing of the actual text in the Title and Footer.

All the rest is fairly easy to set up by using Styles and then saving the resulting document as a template. There is a lot of information available on the forums and in Help but I would suggest that you have a look at the OOo Authors site for these chapters of the Writer Guide.

Ch6 - Introduction to Styles
Ch7 - Working with Styles
Ch10 - Working with Templates in Writer
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/index.html
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to want to be queried for certain information to fill in your template upon creating a new document from it. If so see this thread:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=16689
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: