OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office competitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkyfinger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Open Office competitor Reply with quote

At the business I work for we are using a program that only does a small subset of what open office can accomplish. It is very poorly written, has little to no documentation, and it costs tens of thousands of dollars. I am not joking. I really hate this program, I wish my business would use open office instead. Alas we have already paid for this program and we are going to be forced to use it.
Please open office people go out there and wreck havoc. Show my business that they are wrong.
funkyfinger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: why? Reply with quote

The reason for the high cost is that is supposedly was made to crank out documents quickly. However you can never get past the printer speed, so no matter how fast the program is, it has the same limitation as any other program.
Corfy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like several programs we use at my office, i.e, very expensive, poorly written, bad performance, and no documentation. (They were either purchased before I started working there as the IT Manager or they were purchased without consulting me first, but guess whose job it is to fix them?) Unfortunately, our programs aren't office suites, so we are stuck with them and OOo is not an answer to the problem. But I still know where you are coming from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: