OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Database "Table Data" Toolbar missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bvamundsen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Database "Table Data" Toolbar missing Reply with quote

After a crash of Writer and recovery of document I no longer see the Table Data Toolbar. When attempting to create a new label I find the Table Data Toolbar missing and not available on the View Toolbars listing. I opened the Data Sources with F4 and then selected the the table to add fields to my labels. I selected rows of data, after formating the label, but then noticed the Table Data Toolbar was missing. Dragging a selected row to the label only inserted the first column of information (i.e first name) and not any other columns of that row.

I looked for the Table Data toolbar under View- Toolbars and View-Toolbars-Customize and it isn't available in those menus. I also tried the labels wizard and the mail merge suggestions of other posts, but without the Toolbar you can't move the data. Then I thought well maybe with Base you can now simply print labels from a data source.. but that isn't possible with any template report that I could find, which seems odd, since that would be a logical "report" for people to want. So it appears this toolbar is only available when the F4 key is pressed in Writer and Calc.

If it is missing then is there a way to get it viewable again?

A "repair" of OO2.0rc2 didn't resolve this issue. I was only able to see the "Table Data" toolbar if I de-installed OO and then removed both the OpenOffice 2.0 Folder in Programs and under my user name in Documets and Settings. (HP m1160n with WindowsXP Media and all Windows updates applied).

Maybe this is a bug? Although I also notice that "Table Data" toolbar is in manuals it is not in the Toolbars as one that can be added or changed.

Any other confirmation of this problem or a resolution short cut would be appreciated.

Brian A
burgelu
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem, and no way to solve it, altogh I tried to repair, de-installed and installed OO, deleted OO folder. Pls. help.
Mondragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this problem and can't find an answer.
PLEASE - *someone* out there must know how to fix it.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Table Data Toolbar
I'm not familiar with this term but if we are talking about the toolbar normally above the field names in the F4 database viewer (Data to Fields, etc.) then see this post:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=27098

There are now 5 people that I have seen report this problem. Wonder how many I may have missed?

Please report back if this is if fact your problem and if the recommended fix worked so other may benefit and to determine if filing an issue is in order. I note that both of the other folks reporting this were using WindowsXP. Please note your OS.
Mondragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that fixed it.
One question (just to be sure) If this happens again do I just copy the 'backup' folder back to the 'C:\Docs & Settings....... position?

Hopefully, in some future version, this problem will be solved.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondragon,

Please tell us what your operating system is.

Yes, if you back up a good "user" directory and have the problem again you simply replace the bad one with the back up. Your user preference recorded up to the time you did the last back up will be restored.
Mondragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Win2000 and the path in my system is C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\OpenOffice\User.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: