OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

FreeBSD 5.4-R/amd64: How to get a working OOo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanestra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: FreeBSD 5.4-R/amd64: How to get a working OOo? Reply with quote

I want to use OpenOffice under FreeBSD 5.4-R/amd64. Linux i386 binary version works (with emulation), but there are so many small glitches that it isn't any fun.

The FreeBSD/i386 binary version doesn't run at all, because it misses some libraries and other pieces of software.

The FreeBSD ports system doesn't support compiling OpenOffice.org under amd64 (if it is in fact a problem to do a compilation with option -m32 generally set, I do not know...).

I have heard that there will be a 64 bit clean OOo version, 2.0.1?, 2.1?
Can please someone tell me, when such a 64 bit clean version might arrive, and if there is any other solution, apart from software emulation? E.g. has someone a file set packed for exactly that purpose? (I guess a file set might work, but I have no FreeBSD i386 system available here, and I have no idea what files I neet to pack together.)

Any hints? (Read: Help, help, help!) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: