OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Please Help Me Get Rid of Unwanted Toolbars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsquareg
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Please Help Me Get Rid of Unwanted Toolbars Reply with quote

I have created sever forms. Some using the Forms Wizard and others the Design View.

When I open any of the forms I get the FormNavigation Toolbar, the Form Design Toolbar and the Form Control Toolbar. The first one I need. The last two are greyed out and I neither need them nor want them to appear. They are useless when viewing and changing record in the table.

If I uncheck them in View/Toolbars, they go away for that instance of the open forms but after I close the form and open it again the reappear and I have to uncheck them again.

How can I make the permanently gone in my forms?

The Open Office Users Guide for Version 2.X offers some hope in the Advanced Techniques chapter on page but I can't find the Tools>Configuration mentioned. Tools>Customize doesn't offer the same thing.

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you very much.
bryancole
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turing off "Edit File mode". I mean the global edit mode on the main toolbar (5th icon from the left), rather than the Forms Edit toggle on the Forms toolbars. This will remove all UI elements not relevent to document viewing or Form use.

Under Tools->Options->OpenOffice.org->Security, check "Open this document in read-only mode" (in File Sharing Options). Then, the form or document wll open in read-only mode by default (suitable for form users).

BC
jsquareg
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Please Help Me Get Rid of Unwanted Toolbars Reply with quote

Thank you very much Bryan.

I found the Edit File on the Standard Bar right where you said it would be. However, it was greyed out when I opened the form as well as when I tried to edit it. I must have missed something somewhere.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks again.
bryancole
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why it would be greyed out. Maybe when the EditFile mode is active, the button appears greyed out (depends on your local OS/Theme/Colours etc.). Or maybe just another bug. Setting the "open as read-only" check-box doesn't mark the document as altered, so I had to make some other change to my form before I could save it with this set.

I noticed that when switching to read-only mode, the Data Navigator pane is not hidden. This is a bug IMHO (albeit not a major one).
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things - if you hide the toolbars when you are in edit mode and save the form all but the form control toolbars will stay gone.

The two form control tollbars will not - I suppose that is some sort of unintended side effect of the context sensitive toolbar approach the package tanke.

One thing I do is dock them while in edit mode, remove the others and when the form is used then only the one line of greyed out form toolbars are present. It is a kludge.

If you really want everything gone look at this thread

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=22285&highlight=hide+menus

Creae a macro in a library based on the code and then in the 'When Loading' event of the primary dataform object call the macro. You can hide everything - toolbars and the menu bar. Be sure to read the whole thread, there is a slight bug in the first listing.

Drew Jensen
jsquareg
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Please Help Me Get Rid of Unwanted Toolbars Reply with quote

Thank you, Drew.

I tried what you suggested about hiding the bars in the edit mode and saving the file but the blooming things came back when I opened the form.

The link you provided will help me put together a macro to hide them when the form opens.

The macro recorder doesn't seem to work in Base 2.0. Have you any idea why?

Thanks again
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no I can't really say WHY, I can tell you it doesn't work. I saw a post on one of the OO lists where someone said - hopefully tongue in cheek - that it should be available by release 3.0 Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: